- Adults only, please. We will take teens (age 15-18) with a parental authorization waiver for minors. Please note that this requires a lot of patience to learn.
- Class schedule for level 1 & up: 9am-4pm each day, with 1 hour for lunch. The studio opens at 8am, and closes by 5pm. Short courses vary in timing.
- The class takes place in one of three local studios, depending on availability. You will be informed of the actual location upon registration.
- Travel: classes take place in San Antonio, Texas. Students must arrange their own travel, but we recommend to arrive the night before classes start so you don’t miss anything! Please do not arrange to leave early on the last day. You don’t want to miss important information!
- We recommend that you bring or rent a car for ease of travel and getting to restaurants.
- Recommended lodging: we suggest that you stay near the airport. The area is very safe, and has plenty of food and shopping for your daily needs. We can send a specific list of recommended hotels and local food options upon registration.
- You will have about 10-25 pounds of extra weight on the way back.
- If you travel with the professional frame, you MUST check it through when flying. TSA considers this a weapon. The tambour hook and needles must also be checked through.
What to bring:
- We recommend that you bring a thimble, if you regularly use one.
- You may want to bring a pillowcase to protect your work.
- You may wish to bring magnifying glasses if you have trouble with close vision. Some of our students recommend magnifying lenses and extra lights to help see the work.
- You should bring a notebook and writing utensil for taking notes.
- Cameras and recording devices are welcome. We just ask that you do not post the recordings anywhere public. This is for personal use only.